Point Foundation (Point) is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
The Application Cycle for 2017-2018 Point Foundation Scholarship will take place from November 1, 2016 through January 30th, 2017.
- Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
Eligible applicants also:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2017. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral programs are not eligible.
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university. Students continuing their studies at community colleges, online programs, trade schools, as well as post-doctoral research students are NOT eligible.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 20-22 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.
To learn more and apply, visit the Point Foundation Website.